History

A success story with systems


Development from a small one-man business to a powerful medium-sized company was no accidental product of the Economic Miracle. It was achieved by systematic business planning with three constants for success: sustainability, innovation and growth.

 

 

 

Regular technical exchanges with the customer at technical and practical training seminars and technology transfer to our partners in the trade were part of our customer service range as early as the 1950s.
Remmers ‘Product Systems’ started to replace individual products at the beginning of the 1960s. The importance of a certified quality assurance system and audited environmental management was also recognised early and implemented promptly.

Milestones

1949 Bernard Remmers becomes an independent merchant for oils, wood protection, paints and coatings.
   
1958 Formation of AIDA Bautenschutz GmbH and start of own production of wood and building preservatives.
   
1960 Construction of the first office building on the first designated industrial estate in Löningen on Am Priggenbusch, now Bernhard-Remmers-Strasse.
   
1963 Aida Kiesol is developed by Remmers and launched successfully on the waterproofing market.
   
1968 Construction of a modern production facility for water based paints and wood preservatives, with a tank farm and direct rail connection.
   
1970 Renamed Remmers Chemie GmbH The first subsidiary, Remmers Bouwchemie B.V., Hoogeveen, starts up in Holland.
   
1977 The Heidelberg office is set up as the training and distribution centre for Southern Germany.
   
1989 Around 500 employees achieve sales of 100 million DM for the first time. More investment in new research and development centres, applications engineering, environmental protection and customer service.
   
1992 Remmers Baustofftechnik AG is formed.
   
1994 Commissioning of a powder production material facility at Bad Düben near Leipzig, the largest single investment in the company’s history.
   
1996 IBB gemeinnützige GmbH – now Bernhard Remmers Academy – formed as a further training institution for the specifiers, contractors and merchants.
   
1997 The Remmers Customer Centre at Löningen opens its gates.
   
1990-99 International expansion: subsidiaries opened in, U.K., Belgium, Singapore, China, Poland, Lithuania, Czech Republic, France, Hungary and Russia.
   
2000 The Bernhard Remmers prize for quality heritage conservation work is awarded for the first time.
   
2005 Record sales of 143 million Euro are achieved.
   
2006 Restyling of the Remmers Corporate Identity.